Wednesday, August 26, 2009

PLANTING AT THE COTTAGE

Black-Eyed Susans and Cone Flower........











Hi Evelyn,
Here are some pictures of our cottage. We had new brick pavers put in last month, so now we have a patio. We have never had shrubs or flowers at the cottage. Grandpa and I decided it was
time to spruce the place up a little.
Last summer (2008) my knee was still in bad shape. I couldn't finish planting my impatiens at the house on McMillan. I had to hire Carey next door to finish the job. But look what I was able to do since I had my knee replaced 12 weeks ago. I prepared the flower bed, planted the flowers and eight small boxwood shrubs. My knees don't hurt, my back was strong. I feel so good about being able to do this kind of work again. My Mom, your Great grandma Eva was a great gardener. She had a beautiful flower garden. Your Mom has lots of pictures of it. Planting flowers has become a family tradition. Usually, every June I fly up to your house on Elm Street. Your Mom and I plant the flowers together. This year I couldn't come because I had my knee operation. But I will be back next year...especially now that I know I can do the work. You might be big enough to help us a little by next summer. I already bought you a pair of gardening gloves. Your Mom has them put away for you(we'll have to remind her.) So come next June, you get ready. Gardening Grandma is planning on being there.
I love you always and forever,
Grandma "P"

No comments:

Post a Comment